The early detection of ovarian cancer: from traditional methods to proteomics. Helzlsouer KJ, Bush TL, Alberg AJ, Bass KM, Zacur H, Comstock GW.

A CA 125 test measures the amount of the protein CA 125 (cancer antigen 125) in your blood.

If you have a high risk for ovarian cancer, your doctor may recommend that you have the CA-125 blood test along with a transvaginal ultrasound on a regular basis. On Thursday, I had my 3 month blood tests and the CA 125 went from 8 to 15.

CA 125 levels are high in about 1% of healthy women and are not always a sign of ovarian cancer. With ovarian cancer, there may be microscopic areas which can't be seen on a scan but may turn into something more significant at some point.

Prospective study of serum CA-125 levels as markers of ovarian cancer. Lynnz50.

Cancer antigen 125 (CA 125) is the only tumor marker recommended for clinical use in the diagnosis and management of ovarian cancer. Some women with ovarian cancer never have an elevated CA 125 level.
Evidence base for using CA-125 in detection of ovarian cancer For use in diagnosis of epithelial ovarian cancer, the most frequently quoted reference range for CA-125 is 0-35 U/L.

Tumor markers serve as tools in the diagnosis of the disease. So not all women with a raised CA125 level will have ovarian cancer, and it is also important to consider some women may have ovarian cancer but have a normal CA125 reading.
A. Sometimes CA-125 may be ordered to help detect early ovarian cancer in women at high risk (e.g., BRCA mutation) or to help investigate a lump in a woman’s lower abdominal area (pelvic mass). Posts: 625 Joined: Jan 2010: Oct 24, 2010 - 8:33 pm.

CA 125 Test - Normal Range. December 5, 2015 at 9:13 pm; 23 replies; TODO: Email modal placeholder.

doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2008.04.009.

My CA 125 has been a reliable test since surgery this past March. 2008; 199:215–23. Eventually, a CA 125 level of 35 units was found to be a useful cutoff point, with 99% of healthy women having values less … A. Ovarian cancer is a common malignancy of the female reproductive system. Cancer antigen 125 (CA 125) is the only tumor marker recommended for clinical use in the diagnosis and management of ovarian cancer. A CA125 test may be done: if the doctor suspects there may be cancer; to find out if cancer treatment is working

This test measures the amount of a protein called CA-125 (cancer antigen 125) in the blood. For me, I'm just really pleased that my Ca125 (a protein in the blood which may indicate cancer) is in the normal range again so once my chemo is finished, I can hopefully get my life back on an even keel :) I understand that I may need further … CA 125 up, still in normal range but when to worry - Ovarian Cancer Community.