The "check engine" light keeps coming on. It's a Ford exclusive technology that eliminates the fuel filler cap.

The EVAP system is designed to capture and reuse vapors from the fuel tank, and will set off the Check Engine Light if the fuel tank, the neck, or any of the system’s hoses develop any leaks. He said an evap code came up indicating that there was a problem with the vent valve solenoid, not the capless … I have a 2012 Ford Fusion SEL.

Although the pressure sensor is often the cause of a P0452 or P0453 there are other possible causes. For me, I like not having to deal with the twist off gas cap, it speeds things up at the pump and I don't have to worry about not getting it on tight, causing the check engine light to illuminate. A Check Engine Light can also be caused by a wide variety of other issues, so having the computer scanned for trouble codes is highly recommended. When the fuel overflowed, the fuel system most likely caused the vapor recovery and tank vent to become flooded with liquid fuel. If this sensor isn’t working correctly the computer gets false information and turns on the check engine light. Lately, my check engine light has been coming on due to problems with the capless fuel - Answered by a verified Ford Mechanic We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website.

The idea is designed to simplify fill ups, reduce emissions (evaporating gasoline), reduce incidents of using the wrong type of fuel, and protect vehicles from theft. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them.

stays on, 2010 Escape, I just went to the - Answered by a verified Ford Mechanic We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. The fuel tank pressure sensor has the final say in telling the computer if the tank pressure is holding during a key on pressure test.

Now I'm at 66k miles, check engine light is back on, had a different shop run the diagnostic, same emissions leak code, and when I mentioned to them the last time it … I took it to a local mechanic, as the nearest Ford dealership is a 45-minute drive away.

... and it is coming from that.

I got a check engine light come on yesterday. I have the capless fuel tank. ... and you use a portable fuel can to add some gas back, you can damage the capless fuel system. Pay attention to the dashboard after the check engine light experience.

If Your Vehicle Has Capless Refuelling Be Sure You Know Where This Special Tool Is Located and How It’s Used. ... you may end up with a check engine light and require a … Seems like everytime I get gas recently, the check engine light comes on within a few days. This flooding of the vent system may cause the computer to sense a problem in the fuel tank and purge valve function … The first time it happened I took it to the shop and the tech said there was some "dirt" in the capless fuel filler system and that this caused an emissions control alarm and that's why the "check engine" light … Back to Gallery More and more, as I review new vehicles, and they need fuel, I open the gas ... causing the check engine light to illuminate.