'Twas then when the Hurdy Gurdy Man Came singing songs of love, Then when the Hurdy Gurdy Man Came singing songs of love. Lyrics to 'Hurdy Gurdy Man' by Donovan Leitch. Donovan Hurdy Gurdy Man Thrown like a star in my vast sleep I'm opening my eyes to take a peep To find that I was by the sea Gazing with tranquility 'Twas then when the hurdy gurdy man Came singing songs of love Then when the hurdy gurdy man Came singing songs of love Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy gurdy he sang Get all the lyrics to songs on The Hurdy Gurdy Man and join the Genius community of music scholars to learn the meaning behind the lyrics. #5 in USA & #5 in UK in '68. Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang. It was recorded in April 1968 and released the following month as a single. Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang. The played "Hurdy Gurdy Man" along with other Donovan classics. The song gave its name to the album The Hurdy Gurdy Man, which was released in October of that year in the United States. Hurdy Gurdy Man:Donovan. Hurdy Gurdy Man Songtext von Donovan mit Lyrics, deutscher Übersetzung, Musik-Videos und Liedtexten kostenlos auf Songtexte.com Histories of ages past Unenlightened shadows cast Down through all eternity The crying of humanity. Login/register ... Search. CHORUS: Twas [F] then when the hurdy [C] gurdy man came [G] singing songs of love. [Verse] G Bm Thrown like a star in my vast sleep, C D7 I open my eyes to take a peep, G Bm to find that I was by the sea C D7 gazing wit

About Hurdy Gurdy Man "Hurdy Gurdy Man" is a song by the Scottish singer-songwriter Donovan. Donovan Hurdy Gurdy Man Donovan Chords and Lyrics for Guitar. HURDY GURDY MAN Donovan Thrown like a star in my vast sleep I open my eyes to take a peep To find that I was by the sea Gazing with tranquillity. Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang. It was so amazing and unexpected to hear an old favorite song live and Mellencamp's band were spot on … Donovan Hurdy Gurdy Man lyrics & video : Thrown like a star in my vast sleep I open my eyes to take a peep To find that I was by the sea Gazing with tranquillity. Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang. The best of Donovan song lyrics. You're Gonna Need Somebody on Your Bond. Thrown like a star in my vast sleep I open my eyes to take a peep To find that I was by the sea Gazing with tranquility Then when the Hurdy Gurdy Man Came singing songs of love.