Fort De Soto Park, Tierra Verde: Address, Phone Number, Fort De Soto Park Reviews: 4.5/5. Fort De Soto is located in the southwest corner of Mullet Key, at the entrance to Tampa Bay.

A source of great pride for Pinellas County, the park hosts more than three million visitors per year. Click here for a map of the area, and driving directions. COVID-19 Update: To limit the spread of the coronavirus, attractions may be closed or have partial closures. The entire island is now Fort De Soto Park, a Pinellas county park which offers fine beaches, fishing, nature trails, camping, boating, and much more. Each of these species plays a vital role in the preservation and protection of the natural environment. These keys are home to beach plants, mangroves, wetlands, palm hammocks, hardwoods and scores of native plants. United States ; Florida (FL) Tierra Verde ; Things to Do in Tierra Verde ; Fort De Soto Park; Search. Book your tickets online for Fort De Soto Park, Tierra Verde: See 2,747 reviews, articles, and 2,042 photos of Fort De Soto Park, ranked No.3 on Tripadvisor among 11 attractions in Tierra Verde.

Please consult government travel advisories before booking. I am not familiar with the layout of the place so I am curious of a few things. Any holes dug must be filled with sand.
Fort De Soto Park’s Historic Fort and Museum. The largest park within the Pinellas County Park System, Fort De Soto park consists of 1,136 acres made up of five interconnected islands (keys).
At the heart of the park where the Gulf meets Tampa Bay, you’ll find the historic fort and Fort De Soto Batteries that give the park its name.

Hello, I have some friends coming to visit and am considering taking them to fort de-soto beach while they are down here. Metal detecting is only permitted on the sandy beach area, however, it excludes any shorebird habitat. I understand I need to pay $5 to enter, I have a charcoal grill that attaches to my trailer hitch id like to bring so I can smoke some ribs while we are hanging around at the beach. Fort De Soto Park: Good pavilions for grilling out with the family - See 2,745 traveler reviews, 2,042 candid photos, and great deals for Tierra Verde, FL, at Tripadvisor. At ground level, enter old artillery holds and firing galleys that make up the base of the coquina shell fort. Fort De Soto Park is a chain of five interconnected islands, or keys, providing 1,136 acres of beautiful parkland and beach.

Use the controls at the top, left side of the map to zoom and alter the view.