had Sentence Examples. have had it 1.

But my guess is that this in not what you meant.

You had better ask him in advance how much it will cost. The math homework proved to be easier than I had expected.

Certainly she had been under a lot of stress. Have had and had had.

Had you put the word had in its ordinary place, would you have used was / were?. 'I had to go to the bank yesterday.'

She has had three children in the past five years. "James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher" is an English sentence used to demonstrate lexical ambiguity and the necessity of punctuation, which serves as a substitute for the intonation, stress, and pauses found in speech.

You would write.

29. They had two adopted children already. We have had it all out before.

To be frustrated to the point of exasperation (with someone or something). Up until now, the use of “had” before the main verb in a sentence may have seemed arbitrary. The director told me he had had a meeting with the president.

I have had affairs there. "Have had" is referring to you or someone youre talking to directly, such as: i have had a terrible headache all day, or, You have had too many run-ins with the law.

For example:

If he had been there, I could have given him your message. I had were home. She wouldn't have married him if she had known him better.

We use had had in the past perfect when the main verb is also “have”: Last weekend I just wanted to relax because I had had a busy week. So you write: Had I been home, I would have answered the door.

The word "had" is the past participle of the verb "have". Grammatically, you can combine HAD and HAVE when making a verb in the present perfect verb tense. When HAD & HAVE come together in one English sentence? 'She had already left when he arrived' modal verbs: 'have to' 'have to' is used to mean that something is necessary. When have is used as an auxiliary verb, it helps us to form the perfect and perfect continuous tenses. Here are some more examples of when not to use “had” in a sentence: “The dog fell asleep.” “I walked to the party.” “Patrice made the reservation.” Summary. have Sentence Examples "You have done well" said his grandfather. 226.

We’ll use a simple sentence to explain how “has had” Is used, and it’s used in explain two similar situations: Let’s see how “has had” is used in an example sentence below: David has had a nice car. Answer: Well, it can come in many different sentences, such as: "I had two apples, but now I only have one."

They would have had to retire of their own accord, for they had no water for men or horses.

ex-i have two dogs/ or i have to do my homework had is pass tense, you can use it for anyone(he, she, they, i) ex-i had a sandwich for lunch or they had a lot of fun at the park