If the store has some old pieces then you can practice on a couple. Plexiglas (Poly methyl methacrylate) is also called the acrylic plastic which is made from stiff plastic, and Plexiglas sometimes are used as normal glass. : This instructable is in the "UP!"

That flex will allow bumping without breaking, that why it's used for RC car bodies. How to drill holes in plexiglass without cracking? Here are some tips to help you cut it properly! A good way is to drill a hole with one of your smallest drill bits. how to cut a thick sheet of plexiglass Photo: fotosearch.com For thicker sheets of plexiglass, cut with a power saw—be it a circular saw , saber saw , or table saw . Then continue on with a slightly bigger bit. Along the lines you marked, carefully score the Plexiglas five to 10 times with a glass cutter. Due to its versatility, it can be used for several DIY projects as it can easily be handled with your workshop tools. To clean plexiglass, start by blowing off the large dust particles using your own breath or a blow dryer on the cool setting. use tape, cut slowly, if you're cutting Straight you can score it and break it that way. Plexiglass comes with a protective film that protects the sheets from scratching.

My husband has cut 1/8 inch Plexiglas before using a plywood blade, mounted in reverse (backward) on a table saw... and had done smaller pieces on the band saw.

Repeat the cleaning process if the glass is still dirty, then wipe the plexiglass with a dry cloth to avoid … To understand how to cut an acrylic sheet, you need to know a few key things. How to Drill Plexiglass. And then a slightly bigger bit than previous. Start with a clean, dry piece of glass and use a sharp tool to lightly score the line you want to cut. Unlike glass, plexiglass thermoplastics, have lighter weight and are also shatter resistant, so you can use them for construction projects that require durability.

Enjoy!

Then, gently pour soapy water over the plexiglass and let it run across the surface.

How to Cut Plexiglass Without Breaking it. Move the scored section to the edge of the work surface. Start by clamping it to a workbench or holding it firmly so it doesn’t move. Plexiglass should also work but isn't as forgiving of bumping. Then, use a fine-toothed saw to make the cut. Make your marks. If you do, tag me on Facebook or Instagram so I can check it out and share it! If you would like to keep up to date with my latest posts about DIY projects , woodworking and more, you can follow me on Facebook , Pinterest , or Instagram . On the picture with three lines, you see one without oil, one with oil done by the wooden handle cutter and the last with my self lubricating cutter. This allows the start of a hole that does not crack the plexiglass. If the store has some old pieces then you can practice on a couple.