Chem 116 POGIL Worksheet - Week 3 - Solutions Intermolecular Forces, Liquids, Solids, and Solutions Key Questions 1. Read and study Ch 10.

Although the mix of types and strengths of intermolecular forces determines the state of a substance under certain conditions, in 12.1 Intermolecular Forces •Intermolecular forces are the attractive forces holding particles together in the condensed (liquid and solid) phases of matter •Result from coulombic attractions –Dependent on the magnitude of the charge –Dependent on distance between charges •Weaker than forces of ionic bonding •Involve partial charges ChemActivities) assigned and discuss all answers with my Pod. A) Br 2 B) Cl 2 C) F 2 D) I 2 2.

11.E: Liquids and Intermolecular Forces (Exercises) Last updated Save as PDF Page ID 68436 11.1: A Molecular Comparison of Gases, Liquids, and Solids Q11.1.1 Q11.1.2 Q11.1.3 Q11.1.4 11.2: Intermolecular Forces Q11.2.1 3. (d) In this case, the F−F bond must be broken. ChemActivities) assigned and discuss all answers with my Pod. Which one of the following substances is expected to have the highest boiling point? Chapter 11. A) 10 mL of water at 298 KB)50 mL of water at 293 K C) 5 mL of water at 323 K. D) 25 mL of water at 283 K 1) 2) In the following diagram of the temperature of water at constant heating, a certain sample of ice was heated from -20°C till 120°C at normal pressure (1 atm). The Check MasteringChemistry deadlines Liquids and solids are quite different from gases due to their attractive forces between the close, lower kinetic energy particles. This is the strongest IMF. The attractive forces of the covalent bond must be Which one of the following substances is expected to have the lowest melting point? Liquids And Solids Displaying all worksheets related to - Liquids And Solids.Worksheets are Whats the matter, Solids liquids and gases, States of matter, Solids liquids and gases, Chapter 11 intermolecular forces liquids and solids Intermolecular Forces Worksheet Answers are on page 3 & 4. Worksheet 15 - Intermolecular Forces Chemical bonds are intramolecular forces which hold atoms together as molecules. In order to perform well on any quiz or test for class notes Liquids, Solids, and IMFS, I must: Read and study the class notes - Liquids, Solids, and IMFs; Complete all worksheets or other work (i.e. Chapter 11 - Intermolecular Forces Interactions between liquid and solid particles are greatly affected by their intermolecular forces (attractions between particles). 1. Is the average kinetic energy of molecules greater or lesser than the energy of intermolecular forces of Chapter 12: Liquids, Solids and Intermolecular Forces Homework: Read Chapter 12. Intermolecular Forces and. On this page you can read or download section 13 3 liquids and solids worksheet answers in PDF format.

WORKSHEET Liquid and Solid; Intermolecular Forces MULTIPLE CHOICE. This is an intramolecular force between two F atoms, not an intermolecular force between F2 molecules. Read and study Ch 10. CHAPTER 11: INTERMOLECULAR FORCES AND LIQUIDS AND SOLIDS 286 (c) Iodine (I2) molecules are nonpolar.Only dispersion forces must be overcome. Predict the molecular shape of each of the following: a. H 2S b. CCl 4 c. SO 2 d. BrF d. PCl 5 2. Displaying all worksheets related to - Chapter 12 Review Liquids And Solids. Liquids And Intermolecular Forces - Displaying top 8 worksheets found for this concept. Intermolecular forces (IMF) can be qualitatively ranked using Coulomb's Law: force ∝ Q 1Q 2 r2 where Q 1 and Q 2 are charges and r is the distance between them. Worksheets are Chapter 11 intermolecular forces liquids and solids, Chapter 14 review work answers, Assessment chapter test a, 05 ctr ch13 71204 812 am 317 the nature of gases 13, Physical science chapter 3, Chapter 12 and 13 review work answers, Lesson 1 solids liquids …

Solids have stronger intermolecular forces, making them rigid, with essentially no tendency to flow. Intermolecular Forces, Liquids & Solids 2 bonded H H “bond” o Hydrogen bonding—the force of attraction between the hydrogen atom of one molecule and an unshared electron pair on F, O, or N of a neighboring molecule (a special case of dipole-dipole). The forces that hold molecules together in the liquid and solid states are called intermolecular forces. Chapter 11: Intermolecular Forces and Liquids and Solids Chapter 11: Intermolecular Forces and Liquids and Solids Worksheet I 1. Rapp's AP chemistry website and modified … 1) Which has the lowest vapor pressure? Some of the worksheets for this concept are Chapter 11 intermolecular forces liquids and solids, Work 15, Intermolecular forces work, Chemistry 20 intermolecular forces work, Chem 116 pogil work, Name key section, Intermolecular forces, Properties of solids and liquids … If you don't see any interesting for you, use our search form on bottom ↓ . Never confuse hydrogen bonding with a bonded hydrogen. Based on ppt from Mr . Do the problems on your own BEFORE looking at the answers. Liquids and Solids. Read and study the class notes - Liquids, Solids, and IMFs Complete all worksheets or other work (i.e. Liquids and Solids (online) from