Anyways I hope Maiden's next album is … The Number of the Beast. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg 8. Different World 2. General CommentDude this album is so deep with meanings about war and religion! Iron Maiden was an audacious debut: raw, fiery, subtly progressive and delivered with utmost passion and power, its songs are all established classics and its finest moments – the exhilarating Prowler, the monumental Phantom Of The Opera, the spine-tingling Remember Tomorrow – are as good as anything Maiden have ever recorded. album: "A Matter Of Life And Death" (2006) 1. These Colours Don't Run 3. The Pilgrim 5. It was released on 8 May 2000 as the first single and opening track from their twelfth studio album, Brave New World (2000). and is built with a cast ladies head on the top. Iron Maiden Song Meanings Tagged: Metal | The 1970s | The 1980s | The 1990s | The 2000s | Heavy Metal | Groups from England [suggest] 1984 IRON MAIDEN LYRICS. I'm waiting In my cold cell When the bell Begins to chime Reflecting on My past life And it doesn't have Much time 'Cause at 5 o'clock T The single helped launch the album, Number of the Beast, to number one on UK charts, and put Maiden on mainstream rock and heavy metal radio stations across the US and Europe. The coffin has spikes on the inside so when the victim is put inside and the doors shut it pierces their body and all the blood drains from them. "The Wicker Man" is a song by English heavy metal band Iron Maiden. The Legacy. A Matter of Life and Death. and it does address toxic human society- as well as how hard it can be to live in such a world. General CommentWell people are free to interpret as they want, but to me this song is pretty obvious the story from the 1968 movie (or maybe the book) - The reference to the cable car pretty much makes it clear.The movie is highly recommended if you happen to like old war/spy movies + it really makes the lyrics more appreciable. This Iron Maiden song is named after the final book of the Bible, "The Revelation." Hallowed Be Thy Name – Iron Maiden – Lyrics Meaning. Interestingly enough, there is no particular time period associated with the lyrics. The band Iron Maiden mocks the Word of God by blaspheming The Lord's Prayer by displaying the words, “HALLOWED BY THY NAME,” below the demon on the album cover to the above left. It makes you think about the good and bad of religion. The British don't care much for the war of independence. World war 1 there was use of horses in the artillery but not use of muskets, so that rules that one out. Out Of The Shadows 7. The Longest Day 6. This word means to disclose, to divulge. Revelation is actually called "Apocolypse," in the original Koine Greek. Virus could actually refer to various aspects of toxic human society- politics, religion, relationships, people, etc. Iron Maiden. The classic Iron Maiden heavy metal, "Run to the Hills" gave Iron Maiden the much needed commercial and critical acclimation. True to Iron Maiden form, it's actually a quite brilliant piece of historical poetry-set-to-music which describes, in retrospect, the white man's colonizing of Indian lands. Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name (2015 Remastered Version) Lyrics. See all albums Brighter Than A Thousand Suns 4. This song is like what the greater good of god is about. Also for both of the above, Iron Maiden a British band are more likely to sing about a war more relevant to their country. People that use religion as a reason for war are for thier own gain. Hallowed Be Thy Name is a song written by Iron Maiden and included in their album The Number Of The Beast. It preceded the release of Brave New World by three weeks. Lord Of Light 10. 1. An Iron Maiden is an upright coffin made of Iron (no shit?) For The Greater Good Of God 9. There is a preponderance of lyrics in today's worldly music that worships the Devil, whether it be the noise of KESHA, SHAKIRA, VAN HALEN or IRON MAIDEN.