Since the low whistles are larger and tend to be more expensive, I can’t be buying them willy-nilly like I was with the cheap high D and C whistles. The insertion and adjustment of the plug allows me to optimise the voicing of each whistle, and the brass pin holds everything in place. This is a Soprano C recorder whistle. Whistles are subject to small design change . Howard Music craft professional Irish low whistles, renowned for their superior quality and tone.

Hobgoblin Music has provided musicians with otherwise hard to find folk instruments, celtic instruments and acoustic instruments for 40 years, and has grown to be the largest source in Europe, and probably the world. Used for both live performances and recording, the Low C flageolet offers great dynamic capabilities with rich timbre and balanced octaves. Tin Whistles: All . Moreover, the window should be enlarged a bit. The most common low whistle is the "Low D", pitched one octave below the traditional D whistle. Great deals on Low Woodwind Whistles. Low C is the lowest key of Goldfinch Whistles currently available. We have just added another exciting addition to our catalogue.

Whistles higher than this are termed "soprano" or "high" whistles when a distinction is necessary. A "Low D Duo" set is also available (the "Low D Duo" is a set that includes a whistle body with interchangeable whistle and piccolo heads). It's a great time to upgrade your home music studio gear with the largest selection at eBay.com. Feadog Original Irish Whistle, Key of C. Regular price $9.99 $6.93 Sale. They have been developed for over 40 years by master craftsman and instrument maker Brian Howard. It has a top left hand thumb hole and four finger holes for the right hand, like a recorder. $34.99. ... Make Offer - Walton's Low C Whistle (Chieftain Style) Skellig Aluminum Low D Irish Tin Penny Whistle Tunable Flute celtic Handcrafted. pipe. Below are our currently in-stock / available whistles both new and previously owned. Whistles come in a variety of different keys. The following table provides the hole positions for low whistles, as obtained from my low D: Still wider bore is required for Low whistles, which conventionally start from the key of F down to low C or even Bb. $299.99. It all depends on where the last note of the song is and what note you start with, for example if the song has a low C or B you won't be able to play it unless you fake it because you'll run out of notes on the whistle because the lowest note on the D whistle is a D. Regular price $350.00. ... Onyx Low D Whistle by Walt Sweet.

At the moment the pitches available are low C, D, Eb, and E. The E is more often used for playing in the key of A using G fingering. If you are new to playing whistle, see our Beginner's Page for our recommendations for good whistles for beginners and an explanation of which key may best suit your needs.. I use 25 mm e.d.

Galeon Tweaked Feadog Whistles. Regular price $249.99.

Whistles and Accessories . If you are new to Low whistles, please take a look at our Low D Page before deciding if a Low whistle is right for you. Fast & Free shipping on many items! A whistle is generally classed as a low whistle if its lowest note is the G above middle C or lower. If you're planning to pick up a whistle as your first musical instrument, you might want to take a look at our Not liking this Whistlesmith Mountain Made polymer one that I got cheap off of eBay, but not because it’s a bad instrument. Heikes Wooden Whistles. The C recorder whistle is a whistle recorder hybrid made with a wider bore than the standard C whistle.