One of the few touring films we've seen on Netflix, Pedal the World is the story of Felix Starck's adventure-filled year of cycling across 22 countries. ps- I've been encouraging even my non-climbing Netflix-using friends to send emails to Netflix asking them to include more climbing titles. While focusing on the Sherpa Phurba Tashi, a man who has climbed Mount Everest 21 times as he leads an expedition for a New Zealand company called Himex, the film explores the sacredness of mountains within Sherpa culture. Listed is everything from epic Hollywood movie productions to nitty gritty thu-hiking documentaries.

The best hiking movies for some outdoor inspiration. We scoured Amazon Prime for the best documentaries for outdoor-loving folks. Both films focus on attempts on Yosemite’s El Capitan via different routes and using different climbing styles. Directed by Jimmy Chin, Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi. The best climbing documentaries showcase the world’s finest climbers pitting their skills against the world’s toughest climbs. Pedal the World. (1,3,4), Rampage, Karma, Hard Grit, Pilgrimage, Front Range Freaks, etc. As the days get shorter and the nights get dark and cold, one of the best ways to spend a chilly weeknight is curled up watching a good film. There are also many fantastic mountain or rock climbing documentaries that follow real-life events as they happen, and these can become a useful resource for …

Three elite climbers struggle to find their way through obsession and loss as they attempt to climb Mount Meru, one of the most coveted prizes in the high stakes game of Himalayan big wall climbing. I, myself have sent them several asking for the remaining Dosage Vols.

I first saw the film when first distributed world wide, in our local theatre in Nelson, B.C. With Conrad Anker, Grace Chin, Jimmy Chin, Amee Hinkley. Touching the Void (2003) Best explained as a visual poem, the film is meditative and keenly focused on capturing the mood, beauty, and emotion of the ocean and our many relationships with it, from surfing and fishing to stewardship. Absolutely EXCELLENT! From hiking big miles to surviving on the mountain, these are sure to entertain and inspire. 2. Many of the best climbing movies are based on true stories that give climbers inspiration. Into the wild, Track, The Way, Wild, The Way Back, Wildlike, A Walk in the Woods, As it Happens, and more. Mountain climbing adventures - especially those taken at the actual climb, are my favourite and Meru is THE VERY BEST quality footage and most exciting human story EVER.!!! ‘El Mar, Mi Alma’ trailer from Rebel Waltz Films on Vimeo..