The noun clause acts as the object of the preposition. I don't know where he lives. NOUN CLAUSE SELF-TEST Short Answer Directions: Underline the noun clause in the sentence. Sequential Easy First Hard First. That is his complaint. How the prisoner escaped is a mystery. (Here the noun clause acts as the object of the verb asked.) 2.

Using Noun Clauses 3 A noun clause can function as: (1) the subject of a verb (2) the object of a verb (3) the object of a preposition For example: (1) subject of a verb His reasons are a mystery to me. The jury gave whoever … 4. 2019 Conditional sentences I, Exercise – easy (2 gaps) 2023 Conditional sentences I, Exercise – medium (2 gaps) 2033 Conditional sentences II, Exercise – easy (2 gaps) 2035 Conditional sentences II, Exercise – medium (2 gaps) 2053 Conditional sentences III, Exercise – easy (2 gaps) 4.

3. Settings. Mr Richards, who which whose is a taxi driver, lives on the corner.

Why he wanted to meet is a mystery to me. Simply stated, a noun clause is a group of words that work together to serve as a noun in a sentence. She couldn't believe _____. Please tell me what she said. 2. What the mob wanted was a revolution. It is certain. Noun Clause. Quiz Flashcard. I forgot what you said. (Here the noun clause acts as the object of the verb wondered.) A member of the crowd pointed to where Dr. Manette was.

Why do you find it so hard to believe _____? This clause modifies the noun "books," and modifying a noun or pronoun is the function of an adjective or (in this case) of an adjective clause. This second gap fill test contains 25 multiple choice questions on the topics of noun clauses and auxiliaries of English grammar. You cheated him. 2.
Noun clauses can contain both a noun and a verb but, again, cannot stand alone as an independent sentence.

Look at the examples to see how it's done. How it happened is still a mystery. He is mad. Their message was that any amount of bloodshed was justified. She asked if I could help her. 3. Feedback. Here are a few noun clause sentences where the noun clause is the subject of the sentence. Noun Clause as a Subject. Noun Clause . Look at a few examples of noun clauses.

Instructions: Find the noun clauses in the following sentences and tell how they are used (subject, predicate nominative, direct object, appositive, indirect object, or object of the preposition).

That honesty is the best policy is a well-known fact. During the Quiz End of Quiz.

Simply stated, a noun clause is a group of words that work together to serve as a noun in a sentence. 10 Questions | By Nittaya Boonraks | Last updated: Jan 4, 2013 | Total Attempts: 3061 .

7. 1.

Directions: Combine the two sentences into one sentence using a nounclause. NOUN CLAUSES: EXERCISE #1 NAME:_____ DIRECTIONS: Parse the sentences below. Look at a few examples of noun clauses. Keep in mind that the complement refers to the subject or when it is the same as the …

More Noun Clause Quizzes.

what had he asked her what he had … A noun clause will act as the complement of the subject when it is found right after an intensive verb, that we also refer to as a linking verb. Rewrite each sentence using noun clauses.

What did she say? Both English learners and ESL teachers can use this online exercise as a revision to check the knowledge of English noun clauses and auxiliaries.

The students will ask their teacher when the final exam is.

How you made that decision baffles me.
Patricia wanted to …

Difficulty. Noun clauses can contain both a noun and a verb but, again, cannot stand alone as an independent sentence.

And remember that to score at a band 6 or above for the grammatical range and accuracy criteria in the IELTS writing marking, you must show that you are able to use complex sentences with at least some accuracy.

1. 4.

Types of Noun Clauses.

Underline the noun clause. Do you know the time? Displaying all worksheets related to - Noun Clauses. The train will arrive at a certain time. Noun clauses can be difficult but they are very useful for asking questions in a less direct and softer way. May 2, 2014 - Combine each pair of simple sentences into one complex sentence containing a noun clause. 2. Rewrite each sentence using noun clauses. Conditional sentences – Multiple choice. A Noun clause is another type of complex sentence that you are likely to use when you do any form of writing or speaking, so you need to be aware of them for IELTS.