This is the correct CVT fluid for lineartronic CVT transmissions that subaru started using in 2010. 14-18 Forester XT CVT Automatic Transmission, Fluid Change Procedure Advice for all reading this, do this at a licensed mechanic shop, it does not have to be done by the Subaru dealer, no matter what any body on this forum says or what the dealer says. Make sure to compare prices and take a look at the top user reviewed Automatic Transmission Fluid products that fit your Subaru. This is what Subaru recommends.

CVT ATF C … The problem is, if our transmission fails at 101,000 miles we get to pay thousands of dollars for their screw-up.
There’s a concern about the longevity of these transmissions due to some past issues in some models of Jeep and Nissan. LINEARTRONIC ® CVT.

Obviously they’re failing at a rapid rate and the factory wants to do something about it. Benefits of the Lineartronic CVT Less wear and tear The Lineartronic CVT is an automatic continuously variable all wheel drive longitudinal ... Add Subaru CVTF fluid until fluid starts to drip out. The shop's links below is the one closes to my house. Those are most likely very good fluids. Cvt fluid that was used was genuine Subaru cvt fluid for non turbo cvt 4 cylinder cars. This is not for their High Torque CVT like in the 6 cylinder outback, or turbo forester and WRX models. Subaru Corporation is offering consumers an extended warranty on the continuously variable transmission (CVT) on approximately 1.5 million vehicles after concerns were raised about transmission problems that may cause the vehicle to stall on model year 2012-2017 vehicles..

... then N - D, again from D - N, next to R - P, while the engine is idling, to make the fluid circulate within the transmission. It stands for Continuously Variable Transmission, and this innovative technology has been engineered to work seamlessly with the SUBARU BOXER ® engine and Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive to help reduce fuel consumption.

Change the transmission fluid regularly, possibly every 30,000 kilometers. The ratings and reviews for these Subaru Automatic Transmission Fluid aftermarket parts really help you make the right decision. Here's the first (and I have no idea why they don't sell this in quarts): #SOA427V1600: Subaru.

Some people have used Valvoline cvt fluid and others have used Redline cvt fluid. The oil change frequency should depend on the environment and climate of the area where you drive the car. Save on cost when you find your Subaru replacement Automatic Transmission Fluid with us. A CVT (continuously variable transmission) is a single-speed transmission that works like an automatic shifter for seamless shifting through a range of gear ratios, unlike other mechanical shifters that offer access to a fixed number of gear ratios. Subaru is extending the warranty on our '16 Outback CVT transmission to 100,000 miles. There are aftermarket CVT fluids that have been approved for this transmission too so you do have choices, but this is the factory fill. The Lineartronic ® CVT has proven so well suited to the SUBARU BOXER engine and Subaru symmetrical full-time All-Wheel Drive, it has replaced most traditional automatic transmissions in the Subaru line-up. Everyone should read their warranty. The CVT in Honda cars are better than other brands. The chain/belt that transfers power requires clean, fresh oil to function properly.

Was wondering which oem CVT to use. (By the way I'm a Valvoline fan).

Last year when I mistakenly drained my 2.5i's transmission fluid(CVT) thinking it was the crankcase oil or engine oil, I was informed by the dealer that I must use Subaru fluid CVT C-30 oil,which is blue in color to refill it.
The only regular maintenance requirement for the transmission is replacement of the CVT fluids and differential fluids at the following intervals: 2010 to 2011 Vehicles: Replace fluid at 6 years/96,000 km's (whichever occurs first) 2012 to 2018 Vehicles: Replace fluid at 5 … Add fluid if necessary until fluid stops dripping out. Approaching 30K and am goind to do the fluid change early. So I was browsing online Subaru sites.