Watch official video, print or download text in PDF. Give this a listen. She is "under the gun" meaning that she is all alone because he is gone, so she "takes it on the run" meaning she sleeps around. Hurry right away, no delay, go today, Make your daddy glad to have had such a lad, Tell your sweetheart not to pine, To be proud her boy's in line. the song is about a girl cheating on him, the line comes up when he's confronting her about cheating "you're under the gun, so you take it on the run" under the gun is a phrase used for like intense questioning.

Tell your sweetheart not to pine, To be proud her boy's in line. Login to reply the answers Post; vicng77. It also reached number 19 in the UK Singles Chart. "Take it on the Run" means she's cheating making up lies about running around on him. I've never heard anyone say, "Take it on the run" to mean cheat on your boyfriend/husband. so by "you take it on the run" means she leaves to escape/avoid the questioning Impeachment inquiry Pelosi. He doesnt want to believe it, but if its true he doesnt want her around. It was released as a single in 1981 and reached number five on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Verse Johnnie get your gun, get your gun, get your gun, Take it on the run, on the run, on the run, Hear them calling you and me, Ev'ry son of liberty. You're under the gun so you take it on the run" Interpretation: He knows the people in the city/town very well and he doesn't want to believe the talk is true, but he's saying if it is true than he doesn't want her around him anymore(basically a break up if they're in a relationship or loss of friendship). Make your Daddy glad to have had such a lad. REO speedwagon - Take it on the run ... REO speedwagon ; Take it on the run Take it on the run. Original lyrics of Take It On The Run song by Reo Speedwagon. Heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who Heard it from another you been messin' around They say you got a boyfriend, you're out late every weekend They're talkin' about you So, if she's taking it on the run he doesn't want her around. The song was written by lead guitarist Gary Richrath. They even offered the band a million dollar bonus if they completed the album in time for Christmas, 1978. SongMeanings is a community of thousands of music lovers who contribute song lyrics, discuss interpretations, and connect over songs and artists they love! TAGS. Friend says, "take it and run with it," meaning to make your choice and be happy with it.

Clemence from New York It's just such a strange turn of phrase to me "You're under the gun so you take it on the run."

We're not just another lyric site. Take It On The Run Reo Speedwagon Top Reo Speedwagon Lyrics Heard It From A Friend Tough Guys Sweet Time Can't Fight This Feeling Blazing Your Own Trail Again Like You Do I Wish You Were There Can't Stop Rockin' Time For Me To Fly Keep On Loving You Ooh. NEW: Trump Take It On The Run Theme Song Oct 1, 2019 @ 2:40pm MGN. 2. Hurry right away, no delay, go today. Chordie does not index songs against artists'/composers' will.

1 decade ago. Hear them calling you and me, Every Son of Liberty.