You'll never buy a store-made graham cracker crust again, with this easy and delicious homemade Graham Cracker Crust recipe! Cool 30 minutes. For a baked pie crust: Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C) and bake the crust for 10 minutes. It's perfectly tender and can be used in any recipe that calls for a graham cracker crust. For an extra pop of flavor, try using brown sugar instead of granulated sugar in this graham cracker crust recipe. I don't use the dish anymore but would love to understand what happened, it seems impossible! To make a gluten-free graham cracker crust, just use gluten-free graham cracker crumbs.

But first, a word about crumbly graham cracker crust: I have tried some recipes where the mixture is so dry it does not hold together at all. You only need three ingredients including graham crackers, butter and sugar, and a pan to press the mixture into. Graham cracker crust is one of my favorite pie crusts.

Needless to say, that is not optimal. It's best to prevent cracks from forming instead of trying to fix them afterward. You can do this in a food processor or by hand. Really, really pack it down. First, you have to take your regular graham crackers and turn them into crumbs. It’s cool, luscious and simply delicious. To bake a graham cracker pie crust, preheat the oven to 350 degree oven and bake the crust for 8 minutes. I have been lucky with my crusts, unless too thick on the side of a spring pan, they all come out clean. Then cooled for 3 hours. Bake at 375° for 7 minutes. Cool the crust completely before adding the filling.

Big thanks to anyone who can clear up the mystery. Mix crumbs, sugar, and butter in bowl. Happened to me twice with a Pyrex glass pie dish.

If you love brown sugar as much as I do, you have to try it that way. I would like some tips on how to keep my graham cracker crust from sticking to the bottom of the pan when I try to serve up my chocolate silk pie. When you slice into the pie or cheesecake, the crust just disintegrates and you’re left with nothing more than some dry crumbs, that don’t even stick to the filling. No filling had bled through and the pastry was typical flour, lard, ice water with a little sugar and salt.

The trick to a really great graham cracker crust is to pack it down. Now you’re ready to turn this crust into pie! Mix it all up.

No filling had bled through and the pastry was typical flour, lard, ice water with a little sugar and salt.
But a good graham cracker crust is a must have in your baking arsenal. Different Ways To Use This Pie Crust. So many pies can be made to pair with the graham cracker flavor because it’s so versatile. My recipe for the crust is one stick of melted butter and a package of crushed graham crackers - it tastes great and doesn't come out too dry or wet or hard. Or you can always just make your own homemade graham crackers. I followed the recipe using a glass pie pan. You can also make it vegan by using a vegan butter substitute. I don’t think I can choose an absolute favorite, because I love all of them too much.