Basically, if I tune the open strings then play a C chord, the bottom string is sharp. It can be a difficult thing to find the right note at the right pitch.

I happen to have no issues with the other ones, but this takes so much time to to be tuned and it won't stay in tune for a lot. You’ll want to use your thumb for the G string, your index finger for the C string, your middle finger for the E string, and your ring finger for the A string. I'm having some troubles trying to tune the C string on my ukulele (the biggest of all the 4).

Use a ukulele tuner to get all of the strings in tune. If you are replacing all of your ukulele strings, start with the C string first and then string the E string, A string and finally the G string. Here’s a good illustration of how to tune a ukulele … So let’s say you want to tune your concert with a special low G string, in that case the tuning is G3-C4-E4-A4. Is it normal? - If your strings have been on your ukulele for a couple years or longer, it might be that the strings are worn out and you need to replace them. Repeat until stretching no longer makes your string go flat. A chromatic tuner is a device that detects the pitch of a note as you pluck a string of the ukulele. You won’t notice it if you play alone though, but you will if you play along with songs or friends. If you tune your ukulele to match middle C, then the E above middle C, and the A above middle C, and then tune the first string to the G above middle C, you will be in what is known as standard ukulele tuning. How to Stretch Ukulele Strings Step 1: Tune your ukulele.

4. If you get a used or vintage ukulele, you probably won’t have a tuner.
I recently bought a Mitchell MU70 12 fret concert ukulele from Guitar Center. A chromatic tuner is a device that detects the pitch of a note as you pluck a string of the ukulele.

No matter your skill level is, a ukulele that won’t stay in tune can be frustrating to play. Would new strings help? So your tuning should be G - C - C - E - A - A. The average concert or soprano ukulele is tuned specifically to G4-C4-E4-A4, the number 4 beside the letter stands for the fourth octave on the piano. 2. If I then tune it so the octave C's match, play an A chord, the two sounding A's don't match (specifically, the open A on the bottom string is flat. UkuTuner offers you the most advanced and easy-to-use ukulele tuner to keep your ukulele in tune without the need of a tuning device.

For example: Many folks might complain that their strings won’t stay in tune.

With the aid of a chromatic tuner, you can quickly identify if you are sharp or flat (that is to say “too high” or “too low” in pitch) relative to the desired note. One of the immediate challenges when you learn to play the ukulele is tuning it. Which makes sense, since I lowered it to get the C's in tune). I'm having some troubles trying to tune the C string on my ukulele (the biggest of all the 4). Higher strings can feel more intimidating to tune as they are thinner, and you are more likely to break them accidentally (although this isn't as much of a …

By default UkuTuner is using standard or 'C' tuning (GCEA), but you can freely choose one of …

And even the best set of strings used incorrectly will obviously perform poorly. With the aid of a chromatic tuner, you can quickly identify if you are sharp or flat (that is to say “too high” or “too low” in pitch) relative to the desired note.

C string won't tune Hi, I'm a new ukulele player (bought a Makala MK-C about 2 months ago). Step 2: Stretch each string. The fastest and easiest way to tune is to use a chromatic tuner, which I show you how to use in the video above. 3. I managed to tune the first 3 strings, but the A string won't tune, not even close. I happen to have no issues with the other ones, but this takes so much time to to be tuned and it won't stay in tune for a lot.

I've been having a problem with my C string - it's not changing the pitch correctly. By turning the key, you can tighten the string and thus make the note sharper by rising to the upper octaves, or do the opposite by loosening the string.

It is completely free and very versatile. Basically, if I tune the open strings then play a C chord, the bottom string is sharp.

Start by gathering the things you’ll need: your ukulele, a cloth, a tuner, a pencil, and a wire cutter (or, if you’re in a pinch, scissors).

While lots of ukulele fingerpicking songs combine strumming with fingerpicking, it’s important to note that fingerpicking involves plucking each string individually to create a pleasant sound.

Get some new strings! Let’s take a look at the reasons your ukulele isn’t staying in tune. A pitch pipe is a neat mini harmonica that plays one note at a time when you blow into it.

Just got a brand new CNBLUE ukulele. If I then tune it so the octave C's match, play an A chord, the two sounding A's don't match (specifically, the open A on the bottom string is flat.