Up beat blues songs for a female vocalist. Link to post Share on other sites. Scafeets 0 Scafeets 0 Hall of Fame; Members; 0 2,705 posts; Posted December 31, 2009 "Preacher Man" is a country blues. (In some cases the songwriter was given list credit rather than the artist who may have been best known for the song.) I was thinking Blues. I'd REALLY appreciate your help. Sep 8, 2009 Miami, Florida. 100 Greatest Blues Songs: Criteria: These songs are vital for a basic knowledge of the history of the "Blues" genre, historical significance, defining an era, influence & to a lesser degree lasting popularity were taken into consideration. Quote; Share this post. There are some duds in there. All influenced by the blues, but the songs are not all able to be pigeonholed in the blues genre.

It captures an assortment of the bluesier offerings from soul, R&B and even rock.

For a blues purist such as yourself, this is not your list.

Joe Bonamassa is a blues-rock virtuoso, and my hope is that his incredible success will lead to a growth period in the blues-rock genre. And it seems to me like, to a great extent, it’s happening. Blues-rockers, both new and old, famous and underground, are making a comeback in a big way and I find this all to be very exciting. We do lean toward three chord basic structure stuff, so 12 … My band has a female singer, the band is strongly blues based, but play just about anything as long as we can groove and actually play it through. Edited By: Rick Varner. After five years, I am on a project reworking the list.

Good "female" blues songs Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by big_z_in_miami, Jan 22, 2011.

Link to post Share on … Suggestions for upbeat and bluesier songs for a female vocal Sign in to follow this . Works everywhere we play it. Quote; Share this post. I am ok with that. That song would work. Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next > Jan 22, 2011 #1. big_z_in_miami .

I've recently started singing and have already got a few gigs lined up.